Saturday, December 4, 2010

My begining thoughts

Well here I am again .Another attempt .With a loss of twins at 23 weeks and one happy little 2 year old in my history .And many countless failed cycles .

Well in September I had numerous cysts .The ultrasound showed many matured but where not release hence causing the cysts that kept bleeding till it eventually stopped. I did not see a cycle for a long time .I had a boc of white peony tea, but never used it .
Well for the heck of it I did start one day and a week and a half later I got my period .I am now on day eight today of my cycle and I am using the clear blue fertility monitor . Normally I do not ovulate ,without the use of meds such as gonal ,follistim or bravelle,but once in a while I do .
I am not expecting anything from this cycle.My monitoring is just for my own personal ongoing knowledge and assessment of myself .

My working plan
diet
* stay away from Carbohydrates as best as I can .What are carbohydrates ,it's just the scientific word for sugars!

I was at the one day PCOS program at Women's college hospital and this Chinese girl was bragging that she does not know how she could be affected with such weight gain ."because "US" Chinese are known to have the healthiest diets!" WTF !!! I said ..Okay maybe not that blatant .
But I think she was confused with the praises of Japanese diets we hear about .Being half Chinese , I can speak about that ! LOL it takes alot to avoid delicious food you have grown up with .

* I am drinking white peony tea with my meals , and it is replacing my "cup of Joe " I am use to in the morning from "Timmies"

White Peony Tea - This has been shown to positively influence low progesterone, as well as reduce elevated androgens (testosterone) and acts to regulate estrogen and prolactin levels.
Eat whole soy foods like tofu, tempeh and soybeans as recommended by physician and integrative medicine expert Dr. Andrew Weil. These foods contain phytoestrogens--a weaker type of estrogen than found in the body--that can help alleviate the hormonal imbalances of PCOS.

*whole grains instead of processes
*Begin eating Green leafy veggies again .
* no potatoes except for sweet potatoes


Treating PCOS

The two most important key factors that any woman could do to lower her risk of PCOS is to eat heart-healthy, low glycemic foods, along with regular exercise.

Foods to Avoid:

  • Cut out all forms of refined sugar
  • Cut out all refined (simple) carbohydrates. Follow the Full Spectrum Diet. This says to cut out all white foods, which include all white bread, rice, pasta, low fiber foods, most breakfast cereals and rice cakes.
  • Reduce animal products and fats
  • Avoid all soda, fruit juice and sugary drinks
  • Avoid milk and dairy products
  • Avoid alcohol and caffeine
  • Avoid fertility diets that suggest you eat large amounts of yams. This is not appropriate for PCOS
  • Reduce the intake of oily, fried, and sugary foods, fried snacks and fast foods
  • Do not miss meals; and do not starve in terms of total quantity of food

Foods You Should Eat:

  • Eat adequate amounts of protein
  • Eat as much fresh vegetables as you can
  • Eat foods, which nourish the liver such as dark green vegetables, lemons, carrots and beets
  • Eat fruit light in sugar and sweetness such as berries
  • Eat complex carbohydrates (lower glycemic carbohydrates), which tend to have more fiber such as bran cereal, brown rice, whole wheat, whole-grains and nuts and grains like quinoa, whole oats, and bulgur.

Supplements and Herbs

  • Chlorophyl helps reduce symptoms of hypoglycemia without raising blood glucose levels
  • Include supplements that help improve insulin resistance such as B vitamins, magnesium, alpha lipoic acid and chromium. Chromium increases the sensitivity of insulin receptors. Recommended dosage is 300 micrograms/day.
  • Essential fatty acids, including flax oil, evening primrose oil (Oenothera biennis), and black currant oil, act as anti-inflammatory and hormonal regulators.
  • Supplementation with antioxidants, including zinc, and vitamins A, E, and C, is also recommended.
  • Western herbal medicine uses phytoestrogen and phytoprogesteronic herbs, such as blue cohosh (Caulophyllum thalictroides) and false unicorn root (Chamaelirium luteum), as well as liver herbs, like dandelion (Taraxacum mongolicum), to work toward hormonal balance.

Acupuncture works on the body's energy flow according to the meridian system. Chinese herbs, such as gui zhi fu ling wan, can be effective.

In naturopathic medicine, treatment focuses on helping the liver function more optimally in the hormonal balancing process.



-

1 comment:

  1. Nice read and thanks for posting for others. I also do studies and reach results from experience with myself and wittnessing with others. My Blog !!

    http://alans-health.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete