Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12/7/2010 thoughts

Well Fertility Clinics in Canada are privatized therefore set up to make money
and like I saw yesterday will order a useless test and I can not believe this one charges for intercourse cycles ! When the other ones I went to never did only if you had IUI or IVF because ultrasounds ,blood work is already covered by the Canadian OHIP!
Have had other experiences leading to my dissatisfaction.I will speak about my years on this journey at a later time ,because it can be very emotional for me to go through.
! I should move to Quebec because they now cover Fertility treatments there !They understand finally the impact it has on women !

Well my morning began with my white peony tea.
White Peony Tea - This has been shown to positively influence low progesterone, as well as reduce elevated androgens (testosterone) and acts to regulate estrogen and prolactin levels.
Kidney

A study in the 2010 "Phytomedicine" showed an antioxidant effect of peony root extract on diabetes-related oxidative stress in rat kidneys. Peony extract significantly lowered urinary albumin -- a sign of poor kidney function. Also, at treatment levels of 100 mg per kg body weight and 200 mg per kg body weight, peony extract reduced signs of kidney tubule injury. Levels of antioxidant enzymes superoxide dismutase and catalase markedly increased with peony extract at 200 mg per kg. The researchers concluded peony extract can prevent the oxidative stress effects of diabetes on kidneys.
Paeoniflorin -- a primary bioactive component of peony -- was tested for its antioxidant effects on the liver, in a 2010 "Archives of Pharmacal Research" study.

The researchers tested the ability of peoniflorin to prevent oxidative stress caused by lipopolysaccharide, a common antigen that induces inflammation and tissue damage. The rats were injected with peony extract at levels of 2.5, 5.0 or 10 mg per kg body weight for 20 days. On Day 21, the rats received injections of lipopolysaccharide, and levels of several inflammatory chemicals, including glutamate oxaloacetate transaminase, glutamate pyruvate transaminase, lactate dehydrogenase and malondialdehyde were found to be inhibited, while certain antioxidants, such as superoxide dismutase, catalase and glutathione peroxidase, were preserved by the peony extract. The researchers conclude peony extract can protect against liver inflammation.


and now my dandelion tea with my milk thistle capsules :)
Dandelion root – is considered to be one of the best herbal liver tonics as it aids in cleansing the liver and eliminates the accumulation of toxins. Majority of menstrual issues and infertility problems are made worse due to the proliferation of excess hormones that tend to “back up” in the liver. This herb keeps the liver working properly and in turn, aids in getting rid your body from all the excess crud that it does not need.
Liver




Milk Thistle – is an essential herb for the liver and an equally important herb for the treatment of PCOS. It aids the liver cells from any impairment, and encourages the healing of the impaired cells. This herb enhances the general function of the liver.


Going ot make myself a snack with mushed advocadoes , apple cider ,touch of salt and garlic poweder...LOL it's yummy to me and roasted chestnuts


I also have an appointment tomorrow for Dr. Xu Ning "traditional Chinese Herbalist " who has had a history in treating fertility issues.FIrst visit is 20.00 additional is 15 not including advised treatments.But quite affordable


UPDATE
I highly doubt I would see Dr XU Ning again . She did not know what PCOS was .
And because I was pregnant twice ( though lost my twins ) she perceived me as not having a fertility issue !! Yes I was pregnant twice with over 40,000 dollars later.
I have been trying for a year and a half .I do not ovulate ...and I just go in every three months to get meds to shed my lining .
And by the time I came out I received an invoice for 75.00
20 for the consultation and the rest is for some herbs she is preparing foe me to drink .That will last me just five days and I will keep having to pay 55 dollars for herbs that they have not told me are.But I am going to pick it up tomorrow after my sonogram and get the details !!!!


On the up notes
I went to booster juice got what they call the large size wheat grace which is just a few ounces in a shot glass.It taste like if your eating literally grass.lol
but I am so use to herbs and meds it does not bother me ! What I did not like was the after effect I was burping grass up ! But if it works who cares .People drink wheat grass everyday .the fresh wheat grass is way too expensive for me though .So I will have to buy the powder and then the fresh one,perhaps just once a week.

For diner I did the carrot ginger soup .YUMMY .But if your not use to the spiciness of ginger you will not like it .Being of Asian decent you know it does not bother me .I grew up with my grandma making a delicious ginger rice which she did not do very often ,but I loved it even as a child when I could really taste the ginger .

No comments:

Post a Comment