Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Addressing the nature of PCOS

Excess androgens (testosterone) stem from too much LH (lutenizing hormone) being produced by the body over FSH (follicle stimulating hormone). This in turn results in immature eggs which never reach the ovulation stage and end up forming small cysts on the ovaries. A type of estrogen can be converted to testosterone in fat tissue which is another reason for making sure you loose weight if you are overweight. Normalizing your hormones and getting your body to produce sufficient amount of hormones to ovulate and maintain pregnancy is the key and the end result of all the treatment strategies for PCOS.

objective- though diet herbs .Change of lifestyle .no preservative canned or packaged foods.Fish must be fresh (wild) .no dairy .but I do love tofu sliced cheese which is okay .And drink soya milk ( not sweetened) and loose weight ! My ideal weight I am aiming for is 130 lbs by next Christmas ,as I am not on a fad diet but more or less a lifestyle change .

Eat more: adzuki beans, basil, cayenne, chestnut, chives, eggplant, garlic, ginger, kohlrabi, leek, nutmeg, pepper, rice, rosemary, spearmint,cinnamon and turmeric.

Take a good quality multivitamin and fish oil.


my apple cider vinegar is mized in my avocados, but it is suggested to mix 4 teasponns in water and drink half an hour prior to a meal .will try this later after my detox program ,I am currently on .


American Ginseng
Researchers at St. Michael’s Hospital and the University of Toronto have found that taking American ginseng before a meal reduces blood sugar in people both with and without diabetes...hmmm St Mikes....yes my nephews were born there , but my own personal experience there is crazy ...lol but I won't hold it against these researchers their

No comments:

Post a Comment