Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Eggplant "Chips"

Very Easy and Addictive Eggplant "Chips"

Ingredients
1-2 tablespoons olive oil or 1 teaspoon olive oil plus broth
1-2 tablespoons tamari
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 eggplant (I use organic), sliced 1/4" thick rounds

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Pour the olive oil (or oil plus broth) on the cookie sheet, along with the tamari and garlic. Swoosh the cookie sheet around to mix.

2. Place eggplant slices on cookie sheet. Turn each slice over to coat both sides.

3. Bake for about 10 minutes on each side. (Turn over when browned on the bottom). They are done when they look caramelized on each side.

I pretty much eat this all to myself, along with a salad and maybe some bread or something. I am not sure why I love them so much, but I hope you will too!!

Serves: 1 (if you are me), Preparation time: 5 minutes, plus bake time
'

No comments:

Post a Comment